Hi, I am Martin Ueding, a physicist (M.Sc.), programmer and PhD student in Lattice QCD.
Although I am German, most of the content on this website is in English as both science and programming is communicated mostly in English.
My most popular project are the thinkpad-scripts which I wrote to get all the screen and digitizer features working effortlessly on my ThinkPad. It is a collection of Python modules that take care of docking and screen rotation.
For several years now, I have been almost paperless. The main challenges are papers I get from other people and hand written notes. The former can be faced with a scanner, the latter was more interesting. I own a Wacom Tablet since long before I started to become paperless, but I never had a good software for note taking. Since I did not find one at first, I wrote jscribble. After I was almost done with that, I discovered Xournal which I now use most of the time.
- Härteausgleich bei Nebeneinkünften
- Marketing Version Numbers and Hardware Names
- Mein Supporterlebnis bei der Telekom
- Mallorca, Spain (2017) (new content)
- København, Denmark (2018)
- Poznań, Poland (2018)
- Hacienda Buena Suerte, Spain (2018)
- Dublin, Ireland (2018)
- Utrecht & Holland, Netherlands (2018)
- Finding a Stack Buffer Overflow
For more history, see the News page.